If you want to experience joy in your life and take a break from your hectic lifestyle, then there is one piece of advice to planning a trip to somewhere you’ve never gone before. A new place offers an experience of learning about a new culture, having a variety of food to eat, appreciating the beauty and much more. There is a plethora of beautiful places and tourist destination if you have chosen India to appreciate the scenic beauty and experience adventure. If you are looking for the calmness and picturesque beauty, then you should consider Dharamshala which is a beautiful town of Himachal Pradesh.
In the name of tourism, Dharamshala has a lot to offer. At this wonderful place, you will find the perfect blend of art, culture, religion, adventure, and entertainment. I’ve visited this charming city last month and thoroughly enjoyed the trip, there were so much to do that make it the traveler’s base camp. This place referred as the exile home of Dalai Lama after Indian Government granted political asylum to the 14th Dalai Lama, in 1959. After the arrival of Tibetans, many religious, educational, and cultural institutions have built by them in around the McLeod Ganj and that’s how it has helped in the preservation of their culture. And due to the blend of Buddhism and Hinduism, it is perennially attracting tourists across the globe.
If you are looking forward to visiting that place and experience the serenity in a unique way, then there are some important facts written which you should know before packing your bags.
Best time to visit:
Before planning your trip, you must know which time of the year can be the best choice. Well, this place is no doubt a year-around destination but you will get to know about the perfect time. If you want to be there for trekking and sightseeing tours, then the summers(March to June) are pleasant and perfect for your desire. Due to the mid-July to August heavy rainfall, you should avoid visiting during this period. Post-monsoon ( September and October), the lush green surroundings make it look very beautiful. Moreover, you can enjoy the snow clad mountains in winters( November to February) which can make it an exemplary experience for you.
There are many hotels available at the affordable rates to stay during your vacation. You can get the amazing facilities with breakfast, lunch, and dinner and can even enjoy free Wi-Fi and parking facility.
What to do in McLeod Ganj:
- Sightseeing:At the prime center of Buddhist, you can enjoy the beauty and serenity of its monasteries, museums, temples, waterfalls, lakes, and Tibetan settlement. Apart from this, you can explore the Tibetan culture at the Tibetan archives.
- Shopping: You can shop for the exotic sculptures, souvenirs, Tibetan carpets, rugs and Thangka painting at the local markets. Shopping in McLeod Ganj has its own charm as it holds a reputation for this purpose.
- Yoga sessions & Spa therapies: You can find many yoga learning centers there that offer medication and yoga sessions. Besides this, you can enjoy myriad Ayurvedic healing therapies and spa treatments for the complete rejuvenation of body and souls. So it can be the perfect choice for peace and soul relaxation.
- Boat ride in The Dal Lake: Whether you are here with your family or friends, you can choose to for the boating option in Dal Lake that is set amidst the deodar forest. The peaceful and beautiful setting of the lake will make you have great fun.
- Serenity at Kora Circuit: Kora circuit is one of the major McLeod Ganj tourist attractions and an amazing place for the pilgrims and enthusiastic tourists.
Other than this, you may find many other fun and exciting activities at this beautiful and blessed place. Just make sure you plan a trip soon!
Source : kaajjalblog